Shoe Buying Guide
Shoe Buying Guide
Brooks / New Balance / Saucony / Asics / Mizuno / Adidas / Montrail / Solomon , Vasque / Timberland , Hitec
Running shoes : (3 categories)
1. Neutral- These shoes have no pronatory control. Very few people need these shoes.
- Brooks : Dyad
- Saucony : Triumph
- Solomon: XR Mission (Trail shoe)
2. Stability Level- This type of shoe has increased density foam on the inside of the heel/ arch to prevent the foot from pronating. Most runners/walkers fall in this category.
- Brooks: (flat / wide feet) Adrenaline GTS / Addiction / Ravena New Balance : ( flat /wide feet ) 860Saucony: Omni / Guide ( Zero Drop)
- Asics: (higher arch) GT 3000 / Kayano
- Mizuno: ( high arch) Wave inspire / Wave Paradox
3. Motion Control: These shoes will often not only have an increased density foam along medial arch / heel, but they will also have a plastic insert in the medial heel called a bridge to increase stability. These are for significant pronators or moderate pronators who weigh over 200 lbs.
XR mission ( trail)
Brooks – Beast (men) , and Ariel ( women)
New Balance – 1540 / 1170
ASICS – Gel Fortify
Brooks – Adreneline / Addiction / Ravena
New Balance – 860
Saucony – Omni / Hurricane / Guide
ASICS – GT2000 / Kayano
Mizuno – Wave Inspire 11 / Wave Paradox
Asics Gell Resolution / Babalat
Adidas Power Boost
Turf: (Adult) Nike Tiempo
(Child) Adidas F5 ( found locally at Tylers Sports in Westlake )
Basketball: ( Adult) Nike Kevin Durant
(Child) Nike G force 1
Adidas – Predator
Nike – Tiempo
Adidas – Zero
Nike Vapor Advantage
Nike ( Kevin Durant)
Available at Nordstroms
- New Balance 860
- Saucony Cohesion
- Asics GT 1000
Instep / REI / Whole Earth Provision Co.
Clarks / Keen Shoes / Mephisto / Simple Shoes
Brands – MEN:
Rockport / Allen / Edmunds / Ecco / Johnston & Murphy /
( REI , Whole Earth ) :
( Instep )
Accepted Medical Insurance
We Accept Cash, Debit, Checks, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover
Community Care Network
CTMC Employer Health Plan
Galaxy Health Network
GreatWest/One Health Plan
Health Payors Organization, Inc.
Integrated Medical Systems
Mega Life/UT Student Ins.
ppoNext/Medical Control/Net One
Provider Network of America, Inc.
Seton Health Plan
Texas True Choice
United Health Care
USA Managed Care